View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

I remember going to dinner with XABF one night at a rather expensive fancy restaurant in the city. While we were waiting for our table, this other couple walked past us.

The woman had put a lot of effort into her appearance. Looking at her, I could say it probably took her at least two hours to get ready for that dinner. Everything was perfectly in its place, but very modest all at once. (Think movie stars in the days or Alfred Hitchcock). And her hair - I love Victorian curls, although I also do not have the patients to sit still long enough to wear them myself.
The "man" she was with was wearing a backwards baseball cap, a T-shirt with the sleeves ripped off (literally, it looked like he cut them off himself), torn up jean shorts with holes in them, and flip flops without socks. He hadn't even bothered to brush his hair, and it looked like he forgot to shave for the last two days. And to top it off, he hadn't even bothered to make a reservation. We overheard her trying to console him about how it was okay, she didn't mind going to McDonald's for their Anniversary.

We really do get what we settle for.