View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 02:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post

Collectively, as a gender, women's silence on these issues is deafening. Maybe even more-so than 30 years ago.
I agree... and that is also the thing... where do they (we) learn to talk? who is going to teach us...?

I mean even while you are in the womb parents can go "oh, girl.. we wanted a boy" just look at China and the thousands of women missing because they were aborted (often with the women's participation of course...)

I have wondered about this because in my pics (I have an older sister) my sister has long hair and dresses and I always had the hair cut short, and wearing jeans or shorts and played with cars and eventually chose a field where everyone else is a man. My parents swear they wanted a girl but hmmmmmm I think they lie... those kind of feelings/rejection, you get since you are born...

So if women are told "you look prettier with your mouth shut" (a VERY common comment) since, ever, and the male (The One Allowed To Have Opinions) in the household is: working, watching soccer, playing Xbox, drinking, with lovers, or just plain absent, where will women learn to speak?

I get it is a sad dance but then.. to put an example... I was a victim of rape.. (I am OK talking about it after therapy...) .. but never reported it... too ashamed (and here "the law" is a joke, and they ask females if they wearing a miniskirt, or if they were virgins and stupid things like that).

So just because I did not report it.. does that make it ok? NO, right? Not because I was X or Y, thought X or Y, did X or Y, the actions are less damaging or are somehow justified.

WHEN do males take responsibility of their half instead of projecting back to women?

I have been thinking all the times I see families and I am honest when I say I just don't see dads with their kids... what would happen if they participated in the children's upbringing more actively.. if they themselves stopped living in Evasion mode and start behaving as adults...? would women start speaking..?

I don't know I am just tired of feeling women are alone tackling these issues. Perhaps I have been biased. I am talking from daily anecdotes in my life.

Maybe I need to move to Iceland or somewhere.

Although when I lived in Finland even if society was way more advanced in terms of equality, I read 1 out of 4 women I saw experience domestic violence.

Sad state of affairs.

Just my rambling/opinions here at 4 40 AM with insomnia...

Thanks for letting me share