Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sandrawg

OMG I have been through this too.

Trying to get someone to actually see what really happened, by sending them emails and IMS..

"Do you not see that YOU said this??"

Then you know what he would say: "Stop throwing my words back in my face, Sandra!"

Last example was about what we broke up over. On Mar 15 he was telling me he missed me, was sad without me, etc., and asked what did he need to do to be with me. I said "stop drinking." and did what my therapist said to do, to tell him DO NOT CONTACT ME UNTIL YOU GET SOBER.

When I stupidly broke no contact w him we argued about why we broke up. Now he's written history to "I gave up trying. It was too much for me, I bent over backwards trying to be what you wanted"...etc.

If I was still caught up in the craziness of the disease I wold've re-sent his text messages from that day back to him but of course, I realized, it's pointless.

AAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Can anyone say control issues?! I find it amazing at how easily they can distort reality, over and over again. My RAH actually said, AGAIN, just a few nights ago, that he doesn't understand why I moved out. I went back over all the emails I have sent him and realize of course he understands. He read these emails. I am sure he still has them. So now when he asks me redundant questions, I refer him to everything I put in writing, beginning in May of 2010. It's all there, every answer to every stupid question. Now I no longer have to waste my oxygen saying the same thing over and over again.

Hang in there, BobbyJ. This will be a tough one, but you'll look back and be glad you did it.

~T