Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Feel free to make fun all you like bc this is really corny but....

D5 is currently obsessed with the Disney movie Tangled, and to be honest, I can't say I mind!

The heroine, Rapunzel has lived in this tower, "protected" by her mother (who keeps her there to keep her from knowing she is a princess and was kidnapped as a baby) and told the world is dangerous and scary and she ought to stick with what she knows. But Rapunzel has this spirit that won't quit and has a dream to see these floating lanterns that she sees from her window but doesn't know what they are.

So, the whole movie is one series of her taking leaps, risks and finding with each one that the world outside her "safe" tower is amazing.

It's got great music too-- D5 and D3 and I have taken to singing with the soundtrack and I love it!

If you've got young kids (or even if you don't-- it has a lot of humor for adults too) check it out.

It's a Disney version of what I feel like I'm going through. Leaving my "safe" tower that hasn't really been all that safe or great ever (but I told myself it was better than the unknown) and venturing out to see what's out there.

D5 was begging to watch it this morning so it's on my mind, but also, reading about others' dreams and thinking about my own got me thinking of the movie too...

I sure have a lot of posts about kids books and kids movies lately huh? Maybe that's another avenue to check out-- writing kids books that have good strong themes!?