View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Oh, and because you asked....yes, you can have no contact when you have a child together. The no contact applies to these discussions over his seeking recovery or not. Discussions between you should be about daughter and her needs and not about his addiction. Let him discuss that with other addicts in the halls of AA as they are qualified to offer support. You keep your recovery to yourself. Study and practice boundaries and let the nature of your interaction with him be guided by those boundaries.

I lived with my XABF during the first 7 months of my finding SR and seeking recovery. In that time, I studied boundaries and learned I can accept or decline contact from him even residing in the same house and managing a household that included him. It took time, but I learned to live with him in keeping with my boundaries and kept our contact comfortable for me. Now, keep in mind he was active in his alcoholism and was spiraling down at the time so between my boundaries and his determination to overstep them, we spent less and less time together, but I lived with the confidence that those were his choices and I stopped the demands that he change.

Hope this helps

Alice