View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
sweetteewalls

I guess that is why I was so mad when he kept saying "by Friday" because he kept saying that he just chose to go into rehab on Sunday and that I am impatient and want him to do everything at once. I felt like the first time we separated was in August of 2009 and for the first year he was even in denial he had a problem. Then he did an independent alcohol program where he went from work there, he had written homework, weekly counseling sessions and random testing along with daily therapy. He went 30 days and it was hard on him to work and go. He didn't see our daughter much but it was worth it to him to get help. I was proud of him for going through with that program and stopping drinking in an instant which he doesn't have problem stopping drinking. He just doesn't know how to communicate properly because he has been drinking since he was a teenager. Then after he completed that program he was to continue on to AA and then just dropped the ball on an individual basis even though we were going to couples counseling and anger management together. So to him, he is thinking it's only since Sunday and I am not giving it a chance to make some steps, but to me I feel like he's been in and out of my home since August 2009 and then he's had plenty of time to figure out what needs to be done and do it and follow through. I feel like he still doesn't understand the damage he has caused to himself, me and our family and if he did, he would be doing all of these things ASAP. I guess I have no faith in him that he will do what he says by Friday and unfortunately, that is the consequence he suffers for lying to me so much in the past. I don't know how to cut out the contact if we have a daughter who is 3.