View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dancingnow

I was always second guessing myself on whether I gave AH enough time, acted considerately, etc., etc., etc. and drove myself insane.

My AH will seek recovery if and when he wants to and he will follow up what he says he is going to do if and when he wants to.

In the meantime, I don't need to listen to what he says he is going to do as it takes up too much of my brain space and makes it more difficult for me to do what I want and need to do and a lot of the time my brain is just trying to figure out what I want to do.

And yes, things could get worse than they are. My AH got a DUI two months ago, DS was in the car but than asked to be taken home and thankfully DS was not in car and no one hurt. Insurance went up though and I am in process of getting AH to separate our policies.

He got his license back. Still not in true recovery. I don't want to pay any more consequences if he gets another DUI. I believe AH is focused on me paying consequences for speaking my mind and being strong.

I hate what alcohol does to a person and I hate that there is nothing I can do to take it away from AH but I can take what it does away from me and my kids as best I can.