View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sweetteewalls

Yes, I felt so embarassed because I was feeling strong and empowered and then I gave him a chance and to speak and all of my "strength" went out the door. He is actually telling me he knows he needs help and will go to an AA meeting this week, find a counselor (we printed out therapists covered by his insurance specializing in alcohol dependency) and he will email enabling mistress by Friday and cc me to let me know its been done. But to me, I feel like he should have done all these things yesterday if he was really serious about getting his family back. He said the hardest thing is to face the consequences of his behavior and it makes him uneasy and anxious and want to drink and I guess that's the part I don't understand because I am not an addict. Maybe I'm being unreasonable and should give him time to complete what he says he's going to do? I don't know why I was so adimate that he needed to do these things yesterday. Maybe because of all he's done to me I will never have faith because of the past? I'm not a grudge holder on the outside but maybe subconsciously I want him to pay for the damage he has caused?