View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
strengthtobeone

Maybe this is the time when you choose to do something different?

Thanks for sharing, I find strength in knowing that I am not alone in letting a RA back into my life time and time again. I know it's not sane, but it's where I am.

I just take things one day at a time. When I start to feel overwhelmed and frustrated and like I want him to be with me and do this or that, I realize the only corner of this world I can improve is myself.

I stopped posting my story here because I felt ashamed. I didn't take suggestions. Just because it may clearly be the healthy action to take, doesn't mean that it is my path. Yet. I felt like I should reach out to you.

I completely understand the feeling of letdown when someone seems to want to change and then doesn't. I keep working on myself. If I choose to be in a relationship with this person, I can either: be wrecked when they behave like a dry drunk (which is often), or focus on myself and watch him come and go as he pleases. I think at some point I will find myself no longer needing the attachment I feel to HIM , but I just ain't there yet!!

Hugs and Love
Be gentle with yourself!