View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
sandrawg

And..you are staying in this relationship why?

Originally Posted by sillysquirrel View Post
Thank you to everyone for your opinions and words of advice. I appreciate it all. I have been in a dark place these last few weeks or so. I am thinking alot. I am seeing the effects of all of this on the children. I am finally fully understanding that staying together for the kids is NOT the answer.

On Sunday, "R"AH was mean and angry, going out of his way to verbally attack me. Telling me what a terrible mother I am, how he pays for everything (yeah, if 50% is everything), how he is going to divorce me, and how he will easily get over 50% custody because he has a new job(36% pay cut and less hours). I have been the primary (and practically the only) caregiver these children have had since they were born. I quit my job when my 3rd child was born so I could focus on being a Mom. My clientele followed me and I was lucky enough to be able to start my own business, which is doing very well. I am now able to work from home, be here for the kids to get them off to school, be home when they return, take them to basketball/football practice, Dr, DDS, Orthodontist appts, etc. My schedule revolves around them. So, why am I concerned that he could actually get even 50% custody? He can't spend more than 1.5 hours with them alone without blowing a gasket! I am concerned because he is a master manipulator. He can come across as a very calm, playful, humorous individual without a care in the world. What judge will be able to see through that?

As far as the new job with the huge pay cut. Well, he has told me for years that if I divorce him I will get nothing for child support because he will quit his job and go work at McDonald's just to make sure I get next to nothing. Seems he is keeping his word.

Yesterday, it was as if Sunday never happened. I don't even know if he remembers the evil, nasty things he said. Just comes home and says "how was your day". Jekyll and Hyde.