View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
tryingtoparent

THUMPER: Flash forward to your future Moms Day: My sons are 19, 19 and 21. The twins are in college and live in the same city but not at home. (the 21 year old lives with us, is disabled) but they helped my husband make dinner by bringing over the side dishes and my favorite dessert, they walked in with the food and a huge bouquet of flowers that they all went and picked out together, they gave me the nicest card but my son who is studying architecture said Mom, I was looking at all the cards and I was going to make my own with the seven wonders of the world on it because YOU are the 8th wonder...if ever there was a sight to see...YOU'D BE IT! the BEST mom ever! I got I love you's and big 6' 1" hugs. Yes my grown sons will hug and they never end a visit or a phone call without "I love you" even in front of their friends. THAT behavior was not learned from their father.....that was from ME showing them and my husband showing them.
Sadly my daughter who learned the drinking from her dad did not come to dinner because she is mad at me for enforcing her probation order (2nd DUI and she cannot drive for a year but she has been) I forced her idiot still a judge dad to finally take his car away from her by threatening an ethics violation against him. She's a work in progress and I am winning that battle now but your kids WILL learn from you and end up being great adults because of you!