View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
gerryP

Monica,

When we are told over and over that 'We Can't', we internalize that and believe it. It becomes woven into the fabric of who we see as ourselves.

Your husband continues to tell you that "You Can't survive financially without him" yet you have a good job which allows you to support your 6 children, albeit without much left over. You are also tutoring and planning to teach classes at a hospital during the summer and maybe waitressing. It sounds to me that you are not only very capable of supporting your family on your own, but extremely responsible and industrious. This is what you should be weaving into the fabric of your belief system, not what your husband chooses to tell you out of his insecurity. In addition, your husband is bound legally to provide child support whether he likes the idea or not.

You posted in an earlier thread that you had given him until May 18 to get into counseling or you WERE going to file for divorce.....It's May 10. What has happened on that front? if I may say....Your husband going to counseling is not going to change the dynamic of your relationship. He is who he is and it doesn't seem to me, based on what I have read during the last 2 years, that he plans on changing, whether he physically puts himself into counseling or doesn't. I take it that he hasn't started any form of counseling? (for what that would really matter)

Make the leap Monica and do what is right for you and your children and begin your new life. Life is very short.