View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Florence

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
I kept my temper, asked him to leave, told him I would call the police if he did not, and got his house key. He left mostly without incident. Within 30 minutes of leaving he emptied half the bank account

I do think he's trying, and I know this is a long, ongoing process.

florence, i'm curious....has he returned any money to the household account? you talk about this "trying" thing and i wonder what that looks like to you?

is he seizing the day? shouldering his responsibilities? going about repairing the damage from his years of selfish self abuse? looking for work? doing everything he can to be a productive member of society? demonstrating thru his actions that he is fully committed to making wholesale changes in his approach to life? cuz that's what recovery looks like.....half measures availed us nothing, anything short of full tilt will amount to nothing.
Sorry, I'm not interested in being convinced that I'm a dumb biddy being used here. I appreciate what you're saying and I'm fully willing to believe that you could be seeing things I am not, but I'm bristling at the assertion that I don't know my own mind and circumstances.