View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lillamy

Welcome back.
I lost concentration and focus when I saw this:
The "reason" he drank again was
and had to start by commenting on that.
Because you know what the reason he drank again was, right?
Because he chose to drink again.
That's all.
Had nothing to do with you.
Whatsoever.
At.
All.

You're already supporting the children on your own. Life's not going to be any worse without him. On the contrary.

I am so fed up with being tired, feeling like a bad person, and feeling like I have nothing to look forward to. I am sure I am depressed but when I took meds before I was a jittery mess and hated it. I just want to feel better and get happier.
I was on antidepressants for 8 years. I haven't needed them since I left my AH. Back then, I felt like life was just "same sh*t, different day" and there wasn't a thing I looked forward to. Matter of fact, when my AH in an effort of proving his love to me gave me Mother's Day "off" last year, I couldn't think of a thing I wanted to do. Now, I feel like the best part of my life is ahead of me. I wake up with hope instead of dread in my heart.

I know that's just my story. But I want to let you know that -- was it LaTeeDa again? I seem to be quoting her a lot lately -- as someone here said, "The grass really is greener on this side" of an alcoholic marriage.