View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
So my AH still says crazy **** to me that makes no sense. Told me recently not to rage at our son if his homework isn't done, which is bizarre because that's what he does. Not me.

Before coming here and finding you guys, when he would accuse me or blameshift or project like that, I would take the bait and run. I thought about that this morning. It's just like biting on that hook and taking off in the other direction.

Of course the line eventually jerks taut when the line runs out. Injuring me severely, just like a fish with a hook in her mouth, and then I have no choice but to come back to the source of that pain. Wrestle with the hook in my mouth. Try to figure out how it got in, how to get it out.

Now I see the bait AND the hook. I can eyeball it warily, and swim away. No thank you.

Thank you to SR.

There's a reading from March 29th in "One Day at a Time in Alateen:" that says the very same thing about fishing, taking the bait and swimming away. It's posted by my computer, a copy by my phone and in my purse.

It's been a lifesaver for me as I do love to fish and get a visual of me as a nice fat bass looking at a tasty bait, taking it once, feeling the sting of the hook and knowing to swim past it the next time.