Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

How much of this, do you think, is because of the alcoholism, and how much of it is just craziness? Do you think that her going to AA and getting a handle on her drinking will solve all the family drama? Because at this point, they are all just telling crazy lies about me, because they cant come up with a real, honest reason for hating me. I am hoping that if she stops drinking, we can be a normal family. And I can't help but get angry at them for causing us all this stress, and wonder in the back of my mind if Scott is going to end up resenting me somehow for all his family's drama. After all, if I hadn't 'stolen' him away from them, there would be no problems, right?
Sad to say I do not believe if Mom goes to AA and really WORKS at her own recovery that much will change. Your husband's whole family is TOXIC! and DYSFUNCTIONAL.

I really am sorry but his family makes mine look normal, WOW.

If I were you or your husband I would go complete NO CONTACT with all of them (and yes I had to do that for over 5 years). Stay out of the Day to Day even through Facebook. Unfriend any family members on Facebook. Don't Call. Don't Take Their Calls.

I know this may be hard at first for your husband, but I think he will feel better about it, if y'all (as in both of you) either get some counseling and/or try AlAnon for at least 6 meetings.

I have 'Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt' and know exactly what a dysfunctional family can do to one's emotional and mental health.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,