View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Thanks. I need this imagery lately and will use it.

I was ashamed at myself for ALMOST taking the bait yesterday when he said, "I paid EVERYTHING last month" to which I wanted to say, "Oh, yeah? You mean everything except the mortgage, our cars--yours and mine, the electric and gas, the difference we have to pay between the tenant's rent and the mortgage on YOUR mother's house, our health insurance, two of YOUR business loans, $10,000 to the IRS, and the credit card payments that were incurred as a result of us moving YOUR mother into the house next door. So what did YOU pay?"

Those words were jumping as if they came from a springboard out of my throat but my son stopped us saying, "OK, it's Mother's Day, let it go."

One of the things I'm so afraid of is giving my kids a picture in their heads of their parents being like George and Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf... the irony is I am a SUPER laid back person, extremely non-confrontational, but I have a special button hidden away that he gets to every time--so thanks--I'm going to try to see that bait for what it is, and as you said, swim away.