Thread: Mother's Day
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
putmeontheair

Mother's Day

RAH and I are working on our issues, but obviously they are still happening. I have committed (in my brain) to staying until the end of May to see how things are with his job prospects, ambition, etc. Obviously I am still not feeling close to him as there are still little things he leaves out (not lies, but omissions). I have expressed this to him, and told him that I need to feel like I trust him in order to be intimate, etc., and that it is something I have to work through on my own timeline.

He tried to initiate intimacy last night, and was upset when I told him I wasn't into it. Wish I could turn off the brain but I can't! He has barely spoken to me since, which is frustrating, but something I detached from for much of the afternoon by reading (pick up The Help for an amazing book if you haven't already!).

The thing that is kind of biting at me is his lack of "Happy Mother's Day mentions. My stepdaughter decorated the house and gave me a million hugs, but I haven't heard anything from him. Was trying to figure out why I was so annoyed, and my brainwaves started going. I have been his mother, essentially, for the last year! No wonder I was hoping for some credit.

Oh crazy brain, time to quiet down!

Thanks for letting me share.