Old 05-08-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

I've been following this thread and have stumbled onto the realization that I put myself in these situations - why?

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about why I am attracted to and attract people who have no boundaries and who are not strong people. They are energy vampires - people who struggle making basic decisions and seem to float through life. They rarely set goals nor achieve what they do set. And the very qualities in me that these people are attracted to become qualities they resent over time. They resent my confidence. That I can go shopping by myself and pick my own jeans without having to ask someone for reassurance that those said jeans do not make my butt look big. That I can solve problems, set goals, and tackle my fears. That I have a sense of self confidence.

B66 - you describe a woman who has self confidence. And like me, have found yourself in a situation where someone is trying to take that away from you - you don't have to, ya know.

I am reminded of an old favorite quote from Eleanor Roosevelt:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

I don't know why I ignored who I am proud to be at my age and allowed my RAH so much power to define me with his messed up truth, but that ended in January.

And now I work on why the hell I allowed that to happen in the first place.