View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ijusdonknow

Angry I need help right now PLEASE!!!!

I was just married a month ago after living in the same house with my husband for 3 years. The whole time he has been secretive, and distant, which I assumed had to do with cheating, and emotional issues from his childhood. I had many, many telltale signs that he was using. I come from a family of users. I usually see right away- which I did in his case as well, but he was so good at hiding it, that after a while I believed him, and began to ignore the signs (the only explanation I can have for myself right now) Anyway, I know now, that my husband is abusing cocaine, and I feel soooooooo cheated as he already knows, I want no dealings with that. Cocaine has caused me hell in my life already, for a large portion of my life, and I do not use it myself. I have never seen anything work for abusers of cocaine indefinately except hitting rock bottom, AND changing environments. My concern here is also that many of the people I know- and I know many- do very well for a while, and then eventually go back. I am not sure if I have one real success story from my personal experience where the person really never used again.

My problem here is that I was just married a month ago, and I really dont mean to sound cold, but I know already that this is a lose lose situation for me, at least until HE is ready to change, and I know from what I see, that is not my case. I want to take what I can now, put in my car, and drive away. (I live over 800 miles from my hometown, with my husband's family my only relatives in town) I love my husband, but really, what would I be doing to stay? PLEASE can someone give me some insight on this issue?