View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SoberClean

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
could you just hand her over, into her higher powers hands? i read that here, and really, it makes sense.you cannot make her stop, and you must save yourself from the sickness. mentally it is more than a person can take to keep trying to convince them, over and over again. you need to save the part of your family that you can- you. do it for you. it is a family sickness, and will make you physically ill as well as mentally.

thoughts and prayers. keep going to alanon, and posting here. you are not alone.

hugs
chicory
Wow, I've read some literature. the workbook I have is directed toward the alcoholic, but it is the same workbook that the alcoholics use, so my biggest struggle (as I am still struggling through step 1) is interpreting it so that I can apply the steps toward my situation. Finally with that phrase "could you just hand her over, into her higher powers hands?" I think I am beginning to understand. My light bulb just switched on (((hugs)))

I haven't thought of a HP for a long time. but somehow it makes step 1 make sense.