Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I'm so sorry this happened, Florence!! Don't feel stupid.

You're a caring, considerate person. This is a cunning, baffling, HORRIBLE disease. Obviously, he doesn't know any other way to handle his problems other than drinking-alcoholics have all developed maladaptive coping skills. IMO I would've done what you did-told him to leave and taken his key.

Do you have friends and family who could maybe go to your place and help you out?

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
He was supposed to be at meeting tonight. After he got home, I tried to talk to him about what his plans were to find a new job. He was really nasty, blaming me for him losing his job, etc., when I smelled vodka on his breath. When I called him on it, he denied it and then blamed me for that too. Called me a martyr and said I should enjoy my special spot in heaven. Just mean. MEAN.

I kept my temper, asked him to leave, told him I would call the police if he did not, and got his house key. He left mostly without incident. Within 30 minutes of leaving he emptied half the bank account

So I set a boundary and kept to it but it feels like ****. I'm so scared of what's going to happen next. I have one child from a previous relationship, I'm pregnant with another one who will be here in August. I'm dead broke and so tired of hustling just to pay the bills. I tried to take a shower to calm myself down but I can't stop crying. I'm so scared and I feel so alone. I feel like an idiot for believing in him. And even with all this crap he's laid at my feet, I still love him. I feel so stupid.