View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kittykitty

I have to say first, welcome to SR, we're glad you found us.

I have also had experience with losing posts... I discovered it was my God's way of telling me that the elaboration wasn't necessary. We already get it, in a nutshell, what's going on, how things are with you, and the situation you are in. Many of us have been there. So even with a few short paragraphs, many of us are already shaking our heads up and down, saying, "been there, done that". We understand, even without the whole story. You'll be surprised at how similar most of our stories are... minor details are different, but we have all been in the same boat at one time or another. We have believed the phrases, "i can control it" and "it will never happen again" and "it wasn't my fault". We have hidden the truths from our friends and family, we have been let down and put in bad situations by the alcoholics in our lives.

If he doesn't want help, there is nothing you can do about it. He is a big boy, and can and WILL make his own decisions, regardless of what others think or say, and regardless of what it does to his life, or yours. It's just part of the disease. It's just cuz.

I also suggest Alanon. It helped me so much, talking with others face to face made all the difference in the world. In the meantime, read the stickies at the top of the friends and family forum to learn more about the disease, the way things work around here, and more valuable information to help you prepare for the battle you have ahead of you. No matter what you decide to do, it will not be easy, but we are here for you always.