Old 05-07-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
azureseas

What do you do when your own worst enemy is...you?

just caught this on the radio and loved it (from Radiolab)

copied & pasted details from their web page below, there are 3 different stories, you can listen to the podcast

What do you do when your own worst enemy is...you?
This hour, Radiolab looks for ways to gain the upper hand over those forces inside us--from unhealthy urges, to creative insights--that seem to have a mind of their own.
you can listen to a podcast here
Help! - Radiolab

You v. You
Zelda Gamson tried for decades to stop smoking. But while one part of her wanted to quit, another part just didn't want to let go. So, how do you win a tug-of-war with yourself? We decided to ask one of the greatest negotiators of our time for some advice. Adam ...

Me, Myself, and Muse
Imagine you're a writer, but the words won't come. Could you bargain with creativity to get past your writer's block? Oliver Sacks found himself in that very situation back in 1968: he was struggling to finish his first book, and got stuck. He imposed a deadline on himself that, while ...

The Fear in Me?
Can fear change you for the better? Gregory Warner from Marketplace takes us to a clinic in Russia that aims to scare patients sober--with a pill called "the torpedo." Vyacheslav Davidov, the doctor who runs the clinic, describes the treatment and makes a case for the therapeutic powers ...