Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 02:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heartbrokenK

New to the site

Hey all. I am new to this site. I have been reading a lot of the discussions posted on this site. I am a 28 year old mother of 2. I graduate nursing school in 1 wk (yay go me). I am also married to a husband who is a alcoholic/substance abuser. Things have been rough the entire 8 we have been together. I was in denial he was an alcoholic (but yet he told me he was from the first) until about 3 years ago when our life became unmanagable. My husband has been in treatment 3 times. He had/has 5 months sober (not really sure) and he came home two days ago. We went to marriage counseling today and made a commitment to work on our marriage. He offered to take a drug test tonight-tested positive for marijuana said it was wrong that I should send it to the lab and have it double checked. Said he was going to a 10pm meeting and never came home. I have realized the 5 months he has been in treatment compared to when he has come home that i am NOT ready to give up my sanity. It was very nice not to have to have that gut wrenching feeling of fear every second. There is an alanon meeting close by I want to start going too, no excuses I just haven't been going. I guess my question is do things get easier? I have heard they do but just sadly haven't expierienced that for myself