Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
faefae44

Yeah, I've looked more at this al-anon thing. It looks like it might be able to help. At least I hope it could. Alcohol ruined my childhood and I don't want it to ruin my adult years either. I'm still a happy young woman for the most part, I don't want to turn bitter.

TakingCharge999: My boyfriend actually used to be an alcoholic (before I met him). Well, I guess he always will be because he has to always be very very careful around it, but for the most part he has it under control. I've been dating him for a while and he's only been drunk once since I've been with him, and I wasn't even there. He won't touch it while I'm there because he knows how I feel about it. I think because I wasn't there, I think that's one of the reasons why he might have let go. He was also at a wedding with people who he knew in his drinking days. (One of which was his ex wife who is also a drunk).

This is what really spurred this thread on. This happened last night. I found out he got drunk and I didn't say anything to him but I got so angry inside.

I kept my mouth shut about it since it was one slip up but it really worried and angered me.