Thread: Trial
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Try to meditate....and do some visualizations where you are cool, calm & collected. Do you know yoga? Do some deep breathing exercises. Pray. Listen to a progressive relaxation podcast. Take a hot bath. Color with your daughters. Do these things as often as necessary.

You can do this WITHOUT freaking out. Just do the best you can and let the cards fall where they may. Practice acceptance. Don't get attached to the outcome. Stay in the present moment.

I have tried yoga so so many times. I truly think I have adult ADD bc I can not for the life of me figure out how to clear my head. Running is my respite but I am not allowed to right now since my hospital visit and heart problem diagnosis... So, quite frankly I feel like I have a sense of how hard it is for my AH to kick an addiction to alcohol bc I am struggling without my running fix (I'm not being sarcastic here at all! I am dead serious).

I'm much much better during the day, particularly when I am with the girls. Once they are in bed, the house is quiet, and I am alone with my thoughts-- that's when it gets tough...

I will work on staying in the present moment-- thank you. Good advice. I have gotten very focussed on the what if's and what will happen and I can't control it so I may as well try and let it go, right? Damn this is hard...

Thank you!