Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

hi Florence...

I've been were you are. Almost exactly. I was preggo when XAH lost his job (again), and I supported our family (him, me, his son) until I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with our daughter. During the time where my XAH was home, he did his best to budget for the family, but of course, there was always money for booze and ciggies, and he did cook (but didn't clean). I was SO stressed out I ended up in the hospital several times thinking that my baby had died because she didn't move. Turns out she was just a real chill baby.

I'm going to side with Anvil on this one: you are pregnant and it's time for you to slow down not speed up. IMO, it should be clearly outlined for your RAH what he should be doing everyday, seeing as he seems incapable of figuring it out for himself. Make him lists of chores that need completing on a daily basis, on top of putting together a resume and looking for work. He's a husband and a father; it is his responsibility to step up.

I supported my XAH for 4 out of the 6 years of our relationship...and I was also the one who looked for work for him, wrote his resume, found him contracts etc. It left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I now refuse to consider partnering with anyone who isn't independant/responsible, financially and logistically. No way, no how.

IMO, it's time to put your preggo foot down. It can be done lovingly, but if he doesn't get off his butt and get moving, the hormones are going to get the better of you and you'll bite his head off.