Thread: Humiliated.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

In my case, XABF would keep his cell phone off almost always, but heaven forbid I turn mine off. I remember the last time I ever turned it off, I went to church, and he decided he was going to take his car to get new tires. They put the wait time at 1 hour, so he called me to come pick him up (I lived an hour away from the tire store) so he wouldn't be bored while waiting, left me about five nastygrams in my voicemail, and here I am feeling good coming out of church to that mess.
And when I go to call him back? His cell phone is off.
That was the last time I ever went to church until recently. I was just too afraid of what would happen if I didn't answer my phone. Not to mention after that he made sure I was with him all of Sunday so there was no chance to sneak away and go.

Originally Posted by sweetteewalls View Post
If I gave him a million dollars he would be mad I didn't give him 2 million.
Isn't that the truth?
The cynical side of me says it's because if I gave him a million dollars, he'd assume I had some left and he'd want that, too. He has to have it all, and I couldn't have anything.

Now I have a kitten, a new car, serenity, and some roses on order from Texas. (I can't wait until they get here!) I'm rich.