View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
hurting12

Originally Posted by sandrawg View Post
Being with an alcoholic off and on for 3.5 yrs even turned me into someone I barely recognize and do not like.
Im so sorry to hear that but also glad that u recognized what was happening to you and are getting healthier.

Originally Posted by sandrawg View Post
She sounds like she could be in denial about his problem.
Very perceptive. And she is like that with all her sons-and even her husband. Her vision is very narrow. This is a very different family system from my FOO. They are very caring of their children but at times it seems like smothering/overbearing/coddling. The sons are almost all 30s'-40s+.

Someone else posted here about how she might later turn against me since things ultimatley didnt work out between me and her son. I could see that happening but Im trying to leave b4 anything like that happens. This woman very much sees her sons as children, 'all good' and an extension of herself.

A few months ago I wanted to be a part of this family..they seemed ideal, churchgoing and all that. They-and their son-made me feel good and secure at a time when I was lonely, new and felt insecure and maybe even somewhat deficient-based on some my own family relationships. But now after several months of living with them and insight and perspective I learned that a)I was never really deficient and that b) NOBODY can make me feel better than I can make myself feel-even when it's hard.

ok...im done now!