Thread: Ptsd
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I live in L.A., and I've felt the same thing about here. I'm trying really hard to find a guy who doesn't drink or smoke pot here, and it's very hard.

I was just chatting on facebook with a guy I met a month or so ago I WAS interested in. We'd been trying to hook up but have been so busy. He tells me this morning that he went to a bar Sat night and ended up getting so drunk, he slept in his car til Sunday morning.

Now I know better, because of my exabf, and will just walk away from that guy. NEXT!

I think unfortunately, alcoholism is an epidemic. It's not just your town, D. also, it could be the age range you're dating in. Are you in your 20s? you might wanna try for an older guy..

Originally Posted by duqld1717 View Post
Buffalo,

I feel as though a lot of men in our city treat women with disrespect because "they can". So many of my girlfriends have to support their guys. They just have that lazy mentality. The only difference is that their guys treat them a little better in return and aren't Alcoholics. Since our city is very sports oriented and everyone drinks a lot all the time, it is very easy for an A to blend in with the crowd here. I feel many women have to drink with their guys because that's all guys do here. Especially in the area that I live-thats all people do and if you aren't drinking, well, you are just an odd ball. So, my A chastized me for wanting him to stop drinking because so many others around us drank, its just that he took it to a whole other level than other people. There's always an excuse to drink bc there is sports 24\7. So that's where all the abuse came from bc he saw no problem drinking all the time bc of the area he lived in. It made it acceptable. And if I wouldn't put up with him, there were 20 other beer drinking girls that would. He is very sociopathic and I've seen him use many girls as well for whatever reason and dispose of them. It sounds like our A's are cut out of the same cloth. Probably bc they grew up with the same lazy mentality.. I feel like our city is an Alcoholics paradise like I said before.