Thread: Told AH...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
stella27

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I think what made me feel a bit sadder than I might otherwise have *and maybe this was quacking, who knows?* is the fact that we took the girls to the park together yesterday afternoon (after he'd been told) and he said quietly to me as we were leaving, "you know now that I think about it, brother x has looked at me almost with a look of disgust at times and I think maybe I need to think about what I've been acting like when that's happened"...

Like I said, could be BS or it could be that he is seeing the consequences of his behavior a teeny bit and not blaming anyone but himself (he did try to blame me first but I didn't "bite")...
I know that the best thing that has ever happened to me is that my XH has never tried to convince me to take him back once we separated. I have never heard the words "regret", "sorry", "my behavior", "how I have acted" come out of his mouth. Ever.

If I had, I would be sunk. because I would know how awful *I* feel when I have done something wrong or inconsiderate and I hate it so much myself that I never want anyone else to experience it either.

I am a first-class rescuer, and I am very lucky that I have not been given teh chance to rescue my XH. No-contact has literally saved my life by not letting my compassionate instincts overtake my cool, removed judgment.

For this, I am truly grateful to God.