Thread: Told AH...
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

You are in Alanon...

...Tina, and one of the things it teaches is you didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it.

Stop trying to save him. Period. Especially from the consequences of his actions. It is the single worst thing you could possibly do, and if he's going to find recovery at all you are making it take longer by doing so.

That's exactly what this post is about. Somebody not being saved from the consequences of their actions, but instead suffering them. WTBH is demonstrating this in real life by sharing this wonderful post.

You know this. Now stop "saving." It's not saving at all. It's digging the hole deeper. Stop digging.

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak

P.s. If you come to a forum you are going to get advice and opinions. It's part of the deal. I want you to stay here, but you need to know if you do you are going to get advice and opinions.

Originally Posted by tinabanina View Post
Thank you for posting that, wanttobehealthy, I really needed the inspiration tonight.

The only thing sadder than feeling like your own relationship is deteriorating, is watching your partner ruin his close relationships with everyone else he is close to.

I'm still stuck on trying to "save" my AP from the consequences of his actions. I'm just so scared he will become one of those faceless men on the street that have no one, and he has such a beautiful soul when he isn't drinking, I don't want that to happen to him.

But I don't want to turn such a positive post (which it is, I really admire you for how you handled that situation and hope to be in your position one day), so thank you again for posting this.