View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
sandrawg

WOW cynical one. I see how you got your name.

IMO I think you are just going to pour water on her seeds of distrust. What purpose does that serve?

OP, only your husband can determine if his recovery program is right for him. To get involved in it is codependency. When we're with an alcoholic, we need to be with people who understand our experiences. We need to work on our own recovery. It's not all about him.

Nobody on this forum can say whether your husband is trustworthy or not. How badly do you want your relationship to work?

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
You don't mention that he is regularly seeing a therapist, counselor, addictionologist, going to meetings, having a sponsor, working the steps, doing service work, or receiving any kind of help. Without a program of recovery at best he's just abstinent and white knuckling it, at worst he's just hiding his drinking and womanizing better.

And yes, he may have shut down his Facebook account with his name on it, but that doesn't mean he didn't open one under another name. Many college kids do this around graduation time so future employers can't find them…he's more than likely bright enough to do the same.

Same with the text messages, if he knows you snoop, again I'm sure he's bright enough to now delete anything incriminating and send out bogus ones to his buds. We do teach them well how to be even sneakier in covering their tracks.