View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FizzyWater
Sober since 9th May 2008

Nothings necessary at day 3 in my opinion ( apart from not taking anymore of what you were taking of course).

You say your wife doesn't trust you, bet she starts to once you've been clean for a good while, your kids will be grateful to have a sober dad as well.

I found that the longer I was sober then the clearer things got, I've 2 kids ( age 7 and 4) , they helped me work it out as well, for me anyway my family is the main reason I sorted myself out.

The downside of keeping your recovery a secret as I did is that you've not the same support, thats where I found this site invaluable, I used it heavily during my first sober year or so.

Given time you'll work out all the answers youself I reckon, main thing is that you saty sober that is the absolute key to everything, your sobriety matters before all the rest of the stuff and it will all fall into place, kids, wife, everyone will start to trust you again given time.

Its a long haul though and we cant pretend it will be easy.

Take it a day at a time though, the days very soon become weeks, then months, fill your days if you can though, for me I rediscovered reading, I buy a heck of a load of books, much better for me than the drink though.

I'm not on here very often these days, I wish you all the best though, hope it all works out.