View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FizzyWater
Sober since 9th May 2008

From your post, you're now 3 days clean/sober, yes ?

For what its worth, my advice would be to focus on that and let everything else work itself out over time, the longer you are sober the clearer the answers to you're other questions will become to you.

Once you have admitted to something you cant take it back, I used to spend a lot of time thinking about coming clean about the amount of drinking i used to do, I've realised though that as long as I dont go back to that way of life that there is no need, why open the can of worms if you dont have to.

I would suggest that 3 days is too early to make any decisions about your marriage.

If it was me I'd set myself some goals and then adjust what you plan to do from there.

It worked for me, I used to say to myself that I'd chat to my family once I had 30 days sober, once I had 30 days I decided the chat could wait till 90 days, the 90 days became 6 months, then a year, then I decided that if it aint broke why try and fix it, now the only thing that would make me ever confess to my alcohol problems would be if they return ( its now nearly 3 years since I touched the stuff ).

It may be that you need to confess as part of your recover, it may be that you dont, just remember that you cant take the words back once you've said them though, get a few weeks sobriety under your belt and ask yourself the question again.