Thread: Ptsd
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Let's all go to the movies!!!

I'm so glad I have you guys and you know exactly what I'm feeling. Its a relief to know that I am not alone. I was actually thinking about all of our Ex's and what it all boils down to. They may have new gf's and we may still be single (which doesn't make sense) but actually in the long run we are better off. We are taking time right now to work on ourselves and eventually find someone who we connect with emotionally and physically for the long haul. They are just filling a short term void. It hurts now for us and they may be having some "fun" but think about it: Short term fixes never last. Long term recovery and change does. So, as time goes on we will be farther along and better off and they will be starting at square one again. That helped my stress to go away a little bit today.

It's hard to look to the future with a positive outlook when the present seems so gloomy. But, if I have to do all this work now and it pays off one day, I will look back and say it was worth it. I guess if he wants to destroy himself I have to accept that its his choice. That is not my choice.

I'm also a big believer in Karma. I believe all abusers get what they dish out. Eventually.