SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - The time has come... I'm sad :(
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I also went back to read your story. For some reason I lost track and thought he was in recovery but I guess he is still struggling. Very hard for you, my heart goes out to you. You only have to focus on today and what you need to do. Getting away will give you more clarity and peace. Making only one decision at a time is probably a good way to do this anyhow.

I'm in complete agreement with Fandy, their problems become our problems. But when we have problems, they dont have the capacity to be there for us. When my BF relapsed, my job began to suffer, I lost weight, etc etc because I was trying to be 'there' for him. That is why they call codependence an illness because it does start to break you down literally.

We give so much of ourselves out of love but being loving to yourself is what we need to do first.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Babyblue For This Useful Post:
Alone22 (04-30-2011), duqld1717 (04-30-2011), Fandy (04-30-2011), kittykitty (05-01-2011)