View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clean4ever

Originally Posted by Clean4ever View Post
My Sponsor says, "Its now about building character". How ? "Humbly Ask" Who ? God. I was a cocaine addict... I wanted it done NOW !! lol....Steps 6 &7 is a Resting place. Not that I dont DO anything, But I Trust God that He will Remove what needs to be removed. So now I live a little and PRAY alot. Live !!! I dont know how. Im in the process of learning..
Today its about learning to listen but also learning to speak. So, for me.....Its time to pause, pray, and be still. Now its time for The Meat and Potatoes of this program. Ive been drinking milk for some time now and Im a little bit more mature....And Ready for work...Not my work, but Gods...PRAY, PRAY, and I need to PRAY some more...I see How these Steps are linked to one another...So, I visit my first three Steps again. I cant do this alone..Step #1... Their is help...Step#2....God Help me with my thinking {will} and behavior {life}.....STEP #3.....a recommitment to developing a closer walk with my Higher Power...Thats where Im at...."Humility is NOT thinking less of myself...Its thinking of myself less". I didnt make that up myself I heard it at a meeting..Lol....So now I "Humbly "ASK" Him to remove my shortcomings". This is Step #7. Allow God to work on me, while I do the foot work and leave the outcome in His hands. PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY again...My job is to keep my focus on Character building. There is so much more to what Ive shared about these Steps. Ive shared some of my experience and thats all it is "My Experience". Action, Humility, And Willingness....And PRAY again..Thanks, Clean herewego