View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

'Rarely have we see a person fail....'

The question,'Am I ever going to be released from my alcoholism and get sober?'rose in my mind and haunted me for may, many years. Yes, I got 'sick and tiredof being sick and tired',yes, I prayed to the god of my understanding, yes,I attended A.A. meetings where I walked the walk and talk the talk , yet I still drank, my life's path was so easy, all I had to do was drink myself to death, no problem, REALLY???

Eventually I realised that the one thing lacking in any attempt to gain sobriety on my part was something I've always prided myself on but which alcohol had robbed me of, HONESTY!!!

I didn't just lie to everybody else, I was lying to myself!

The opening line to Chapter 5 of ,'the Big Book' says,'Rarely have we seen a person fail who has THOROUGHLY followed are path',and that was the key, THOROUGHLY, everything else in my life that I considered important, they weren't really had to be swept aside,it didn't matter what I thought others would think of me , my self pride and pity,GONE!!!

When I struggled, I just relaxed, 'turned my headto the light and BELIEVED more deeply', strengthening my inner self,my spirituality, for no one can teach you that, it has to come from YOU,not how you appear to others, not hours wallowing inself pity with a bottle in your hand, YOU!!!

In doing that I built a good, honest relationship with the god of my understanding, sacrificing everything else for it, and doing so turned my life and will over to him, I WAS THOROUGH AND HONEST, the 'reward' on the night of the 14/15th of Feb., 2008 when I was alone and unaided and so debilitated by alcohol that I couldn't even stand, my alcoholism was taken from me when I, in my pain and suffering cried out for release, theproof of this event? I'm sat here typing this thread, safe and sane and sober.