View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bookwyrm
Curled up in a good book...

Some of my triggers - no doubt I've missed a few. More work needs to be done I guess!

Hearing someone open a beer can - I still flinch. Not as bad with this as I used to be but I haven't heard it in a while!

People working on assumption that they have about me without finding out if they are true - irritates the heck out of me!

Gotta agree with the passive-aggressive triggers and gaslighting - they really irritate me still. Backhanded compliments also have to go in here. Letting go of the irritation, realising it has more to do with the other person than me, rising above the pettiness are all things I'm still struggling with (particularly at work).

Seeing someone walk past that slightly resemble XAH - I get a flash of dread, that cold feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's less than before though, over in a second when it used to paralyse me till I was sure it wasn't him.

Being around people who are drinking. I get increasingly nervous (unless I know them, drunk and sober, really well - a really short list of people!) and need to go. I still can't just relax like everyone else and shrug off drunk behaviour. I'm always waiting for the nastiness to start. How do I deal with this? I don't! I try and avoid these situations like the plague.

I also hate hearing people talk about how drunk they were the night before. It makes me really uncomfortable. I need to learn to let go in these situations. It's their business, why should I care?