View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I'd agree with all the others, BobbyJ. It's not about the number of beers, it's about how he treats you - his commitment or lack thereof to you. He's failed to hold up his end of the bargain and he's trying to distract you and throw you on the defensive. Kind of the Wizard in OZ - Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. No, no, don't look at the fact that I haven't sent you or done some of the stuff I've promised you I would do, don't look at the fact that I lied about drinking, look at the fact that it was only *2* beers (that hour), oh wait you must be sleeping around because I'm not there to watch you, oh wait, I saw your sister have a beer once, so she's an alcoholic too..... blah, blah, blah, quack, quack, quack....

It is so OK for you to be done with this. He will try to distract you, smoke and mirrors, lies, he will (continue to) be nasty because he's losing what control he had over you (and/or over the alcohol).

Hang in there, breathe, treat yourself gently and just remember that you only have to worry about taking the next right step for you.