View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I am pretty sure you weren't trying to be funny but this made me lol because if I didn't know better I'd think we had the same child. Wow. I can hear Clara (D3) saying that exactly!
Yep, same here with DS. I can ask him how his day at school went and he says "It was horrible" (his favorite story right now is Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) and rattles off a chain of "I fell off the swing" "Joe ran over me and stepped on my hand..." etc. My sister asks him how his day was and it's "FUN!" "I played on the swing!" "Joe and I played knights and horses!".... DS gets a big hug and snuggle time on the couch with me and then a rambunctious bear hug from his Auntie as he runs out to play with his cousins. Different people, different needs, different reactions.

What is amazing is how DS could sense when something was off with XAH. If XAH was sober when we got home, he'd run and jump on him and they'd rough house for a bit. When XAH had been drinking, DS would toddle over and hug him and then skitter backwards.