View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Timing is a hard concept to guage. You've gone through the motions and are ready, but not really. And that's perfectly ok, because only you know when you are ready. And I do believe we reach a point where we know when we have had more than enough...often its over something minor that before we may have ignored.
I agree with Tuffgirl. No one can gauge "the right" time, only you will know when this time comes and you are ready.

My "time" came about a month ago when, in yet another drunken conversation (by phone), that it was my smoking that was killing his sexual desire for me (not the 2 anti-depressants he took, meds for high blood pressure combined with the onset of diabetes and 30+ years of drinking), along with telling me that I would never quit smoking, would never finish school because I was a quitter.

It was that moment when the light bulb came on and I knew that enough was enough, that nothing would ever change. It was his admission to me that he had been drinking steadily since Christmas (his last so-called relapse) that was the final straw and when I hung up the phone, I felt at peace with my decision to end things.

Just my 2 cents here-hugs and prayers coming from me to you.....