View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
littlefish

Have you two discussed a complete ban on any kind of (her) drinking whatsoever?

I've read your posts before and I had the impression that she has implemented a complete no-drinking policy. I promised my husband no drinking whatsoever.

Sigh, I slipped a lot after promising that. It took me a while to get sober and it didn't help that he continued to bring alcohol into our home despite me begging him not to. So, we have a current program of keeping liquor locked up. He has the combination to the liquor cabinet and when there is wine left over from the weekend or hard liquor left out, I ask him to please put it out of sight and in the cabinet.

If she still drinks socially or "a friend and her pick up bottles of wine"...she is trying to play that impossible game of attempting to drink normally when she never will be able to that.

I understand how you feel. Maybe a strict tightening of rules she establishes for herself (NO DRINKING whatsoever) and her ban on alcohol available to her in the house might be a good next step? My husband is not all that happy with the locked cabinet. But I remind him the inconvenience of using it is a lot less of an inconvenience than identifying my body in the morgue.