Thread: And it goes on
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sandrawg

+1,000,000 for this. Yes, when you're in CONTACT mode, they can easily suck you in with their sweet words. They probably MEAN it at the time, but they're incapable of following through. Then we just end up let down and hurt and feeling stupid for trusting.

Originally Posted by Leise View Post
Hi X-

I know how you feel. Going no contact is so hard. I am literally doing it ONE DAY AT A TIME. You still have feelings for him, of course you do, only you know when you've had enough pain and are ready to move on.

You've done so much in the last few weeks.. I am amazed. For me.. my heart had to catch up to what my brain already knew was the truth.

Maybe you could try to talk to him every other day instead of every day? And then after a couple of weeks, once a week? For me, when I was talking to him every day and listening to his empty promises about not drinking I kept getting sucked back in. I loved him so much, I kept thinking that our situation was different than everyone else's on this board. We were "different" than the other alcoholics / codies on this board.

Sigh. Not different, exactly the same.

I have found that this quote about letting go (from a wise woman here at SR) has helped me immensely. I am so powerless over other people and what they do.. every day I have to relearn this.

People come and go through our lives all the time.They are never truly OURS, nor are we truly THEIRS. When it is time, there is no greater gift then allowing someone to continue on THEIR path without us, to no longer hold them close out of NEED, but to let them go out of LOVE.

Thinking of you,

Lyn