Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Oh my word, you school girls are amazing! I went back to school to do my transcription gig and I had such a hard time focusing. I say life got in the way, including my XABF, but really I just shut down when something doesn't click right away.
My hat is off to you both !!!!!

StarCat, I love the idea of building something for your cat.
My father, the engineer, got me started with building a simple scratch post for my cats and it wasn't long before we were planning and building a 7-foot high carpeted loft for them in the room I previously rented. With three cats and two dogs living with me in a one-room/bath suite we needed to use every available space and the high ceilings were the only space left. We carpeted one leg and I added a carpeted shelf and they took to it like monkeys in the jungle.

Now taking it down by myself was a challenge when I moved because it weighed a ton, but I managed to do it. Now I'm moving in my very own house soon and I'm thinking of all they ways I can re-purpose it in the new place for their enjoyment. Maybe a recreation area in the room I want for my work-out gear? I'm thinking hammocks, shelving, maybe a slide, who knows, the sky is really the limit. Can't wait to get started on it.

When you get yours built, post pictures! I'd love to see your creation

My house closing is still set for Friday morning. I've reserved a moving trailer (dear Lord, I have to move again?!) and have started getting utilities set up to start after I take the keys. Still busy busy, but it's coming together slowly.

Shell, the running sounds tiring just hearing about it! Are your feet as calloused as your fingers?? Just curious, you don't really have to tell us about your feet if you don't want to.

Alice