View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I was insecure and feeling out of control so to gain my control back I debated issues, trying to prove my point! After all I couldn’t do that with the alcoholic in my life so why not the people I turned to for help and support.

Looking back now to my beginning, the support I was seeking was similar to water seeking its own level. I wanted help from those people that saw things my way, felt the same way as I did. And what I discovered was they were nice people, but as far as recovery went, they had nothing to offer me as they were my equals.
Are you implying this is what you see me doing? I recognize several have accused me of this but it's not the case.

I learned that I may not like everything that people post but I have the choice to ignore it and move on. I have learned that the posts that I tended to ignore, felt like a nerve was hit, felt I was being attached, or the ones that made me feel hurt and insecure……………..were the ones that reached right down to the root of my issues, a place I either wasn’t ready to explore or too afraid to.
I don't think that distorting my words and accusing me of not knowing what I really am feeling are "getting to the root of my issues". I think that is the abusive behavior A's spew. For the last time, my issue is not with being challenged. It is when people choose to ignore what I say and instead want to to make a point that isn't relevant to what I have said that I get frustrated.

So YES I am grateful to those so called tuff posters without them I wouldn’t be where I am today!!!!!
Tough vs. being a bully= not the same thing. That's my issue. Tough is fine. Beligerant and bullying is not fine.

I noticed that this post has taken a whole different turn away from its original theme; we codies are good at that aren’t we!
??????