Thread: Please STOP
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Danae View Post
Hi WTBH,

Thanks for clarifying the situation for us.

My heart is pounding as I read your post, since it is similar to the situation I was in many years back. I had to delay divorce FOR YEARS since the court wouldn't protect my child against possible harm from dad, and I supervised visitation myself for a while which was agonizing.

Child therapist was not a help (often a hindrance when she believed my ex's lies), and there were a number of desperate years where I couldn't explain to most people what I was doing and why. A few devoted family and friends got me through those terrible times, and now things are ok. But I know that situations can be complex and take time to unwind.

Stay strong! Sending you good thoughts.

Danae- What did you do to get the court to believe you? To listen? I feel like no one believes me. To the outside world me H is a saint, fun, great dad etc... Even though he got arrested he has his family and colleagues (his boss called me and reamed me out the day after he was arrested for putting H's job at risk by calling the police) convinced that it is bc I am mentally ill and crazy and that I accused him falsely. I KNOW that being here with the girls and having him around at times is not great-- but it is a whole lot better than handing them over to him without supervision for 50% of the time. I don't have an ideal option so I am trying to make the best of the current situation while I gather "proof", document and try and navigate unfamiliar territory....

Is there anything you can share with me that helped you with the court issue?