View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
atalose

In the beginning of my recovery I felt naive, I felt insecure when it came to issues surrounding the alcoholic in my life. I felt embarrassed and then dumb when people would tell me or write me the cold hard truth of life with an alcoholic.

I was insecure and feeling out of control so to gain my control back I debated issues, trying to prove my point! After all I couldn’t do that with the alcoholic in my life so why not the people I turned to for help and support.

Looking back now to my beginning, the support I was seeking was similar to water seeking its own level. I wanted help from those people that saw things my way, felt the same way as I did. And what I discovered was they were nice people, but as far as recovery went, they had nothing to offer me as they were my equals.

I learned that I may not like everything that people post but I have the choice to ignore it and move on. I have learned that the posts that I tended to ignore, felt like a nerve was hit, felt I was being attached, or the ones that made me feel hurt and insecure……………..were the ones that reached right down to the root of my issues, a place I either wasn’t ready to explore or too afraid to. So YES I am grateful to those so called tuff posters without them I wouldn’t be where I am today!!!!!

I noticed that this post has taken a whole different turn away from its original theme; we codies are good at that aren’t we!

Nobody can make us feel anything without our permission.